Certified GAPS Practitioner (CGP) Training
12-WEEK, ONLINE-ONLY FORMAT
by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
ATTENTION! THE FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE IS NOT THE OFFICIAL GAPS TRAINING ENROLLMENT APPLICATION. IT IS A PRE-SCREENING TOOL FOR DR. NATASHA TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOU ARE A QUALIFIED CANDIDATE TO BECOME A GAPS PRACTITIONER. PLEASE FILL OUT ALL REQUIRED FIELDS IN THE FORM BELOW. IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED INTO THE CGP TRAINING, AN ELECTRONIC APPLICATION WILL BE SENT TO YOUR E-MAIL INBOX.
- ENROLLMENT IS OPEN for the SEPT. 2023 Certified GAPS Practitioner (CGP) Training
- ENROLLMENT CLOSES – Thursday, September 7th, 2023 (be sure to ask about our our financing and early bird discount options)
- NEXT TRAINING BEGINS – Friday, September 15th, 2023
JOIN US ON A LIVE GAPS TRAINING INFORMATIONAL WEBINAR on Wednesday, June 21st, 2023, at 12:30 p.m. USA Pacific Time (please adjust the start time to your own time zone). Click here to register for the info webinar.
Eligibility: Who is qualified to take the Certified GAPS Practitioner Training course?
- The Certified GAPS Practitioner (CGP) Training course is open to Chiropractors, Dietitians/Clinical Nutritionists, Certified Nutritional Therapy Consultants and Practitioners, Naturopathic Doctors, Osteopathic Doctors, Medical Doctors, Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers, and Occupational Therapists with additional nutrition training, and all other medical and qualified holistic professionals who have extensive training in nutrition, bio-chemistry, and anatomy and physiology. It is not a self-help or cooking course, nor is it about any other content already covered in the GAPS book – although there will be a review of the GAPS to ensure all CPGs know the basics. IF YOU ARE NOT ACTIVELY SEEING CLIENTS/PATIENTS please only inquire when you are in active practice. ALL enrollment requests will need final approval by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride.
- The purpose of this training is to produce qualified GAPS PRACTITIONERS who will be able to identify and advise patients/clients in a clinical setting who present with GAPS symptoms and to develop for them a personal nutritional protocol based on GAPS.
- Certified GAPS Practitioners (CGPs) will be the only practitioners that Dr. Campbell-McBride will refer clients/patients to.
- CGP students will receive digital files of a practitioner-specific manual, client workbook and business branding materials to immediately begin sharing GAPS education in their practices.
- All Certified GAPS Practitioners will be permitted to use official GAPS branding in their practice advertisements and materials.
- Upon completion of the training, Certified GAPS Practitioners will be authorized to use the CGP credential (as long as they keep their GAPS certification in good standing) and the GAPS Protocol in their practices, and they will have the option to be published on Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride’s “Find A GAPS Practitioner” web page on www.GAPS.me.
- If you do not have a background in nutrition, bio-chemistry, and anatomy/physiology, and you do not meet the practitioner level qualifications outlined above, please ask about our new paraprofessional training, the “GAPS Coach Training“, which is open to individuals who have had personal experience and success with the GAPS Diet, who are now seeking a certification to help others learn and implement the GAPS Nutritional Protocol in a hands-on fashion, in addition to professionals without additional nutrition training, such as massage therapists, pharmacists, social workers, personal trainers, health coaches, teachers, etc., etc. GAPS Coaches are greatly needed, so please do inquire should you not qualify to take the GAPS Practitioner Training.
The Certified GAPS Practitioner course content will cover:
- Review of the GAPS Diet Spectrum
- Treatment of GAPS
- Supplement & Lifestyle Changes
- Practical Issues
- GAPS Protocols
- Heart Health
- Running a Private Clinic & Local GAPS Group
- Cooking Techniques for the GAPS Diet
- Business Development/GAPS Practitioner Scope of Practice, Legal Boundaries, and Guidelines for Use of GAPS Branding & Intellectual Property
The course content is presented through a clinical lens/practitioner perspective. CGP students will analyze a wide range of case studies, learn the most effective clinical practices and protocols of the GAPS Nutritional Protocol, and learn how to assess and apply these concepts in an active GAPS practice while respecting the bio-individual nature of each client or patient. Basic supplementation will also be explored and discussed along with guidance about how to adjust dosing and frequency based on case needs. Because of the clinical nature of this course, Dr. Natasha requires each CGP student to be actively practicing in a clinical setting with an established consultation structure (clinical intake, assessment, tracking, and recommendation forms), and to have extensive background in nutrition, bio-chemistry, and anatomy and physiology. For the scientifically minded practitioner, a robust research repository full of links related to published research supporting the concept of GAPS will be provided and accessible upon course completion. We review our curriculum regularly to make sure it reflects the most current findings and assessment of the GAPS Nutritional Protocol. We strive to continually update our curriculum as new information becomes available. The GAPS Science Foundation (https://gapssciencefoundation.org/) has taken this research to the next level, allowing Practitioners from around the world to participate in clinical studies and trials on the effectiveness of the GAPS Nutritional Protocol on a range of different medical conditions.
Practitioner Coursework will include:
- Required Reading & References: Gut and Psychology Syndrome, Gut and Physiology Syndrome, Put Your Heart in Your Mouth, Vegetarianism Explained, The GAPS Practitioner Manual & Client Workbook (written exclusively for practitioner training students), GAPS Stories, Cooking With GAPS (DVD), Notes from a GAPS Practitioner, Amy Mihaly, CGP, FNP, The Complete Cooking Techniques for the GAPS Diet by Chef Monica Corrado, CGP, articles, case studies and resources written by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. Get a head start with your required reading by ordering your GAPS Practitioner Book Kit. ($179 including USA shipping fees. For international orders, please do NOT order your book kit online. Instead, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an international shipping quote and to place your international order). Please note that international shipping may not be available at this time due to international restrictions. You may need to consider buying your books locally or online (PDF versions) if possible. Chef Monica’s book can be purchased online in PDF format. When you enroll for the training course, you’ll receive a link to purchase her book.
- Audio/video lectures by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride and Chef Monica Corrado.
- Module Elements: Quizzes, Essays, Practical Application Exercises, Case Study Analysis, Cooking Assignments, Consultation Exercises, and more! The CGP Training is for professionals and focuses on the clinical application of GAPS.
- Live webinars with Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, Chef Monica Corrado (Professional Chef and GAPS Executive Chef), Amy Mihaly FNP-BC/CGP, Jessica Pantermuehl FNTP, & Jennifer Davis (Student Experience Coordinator).
- Business Development with Jessica Pantermuehl, FNTP and founder of the Holistic Entrepreneur Association International.
Practitioner Training Tuition & Time Investment Details:
Enroll NOW and SAVE with our Early Bird Tuition Discount: $225 discount goes to the first 10 students who enroll for our September 2022 Certified GAPS Practitioner training course. (Tuition after early bird discount will be $2225.00).
- $2,450 (USD) Payment installments are available and an initial deposit is required to hold your training space. Tuition must be paid in full before the start of the training course.
- Payment Option #1: Payment in full at time of enrollment.
- Payment Option #2: 50% at time of enrollment and the remaining 50% due on the Monday before your training starts.
- Payment Option #3: Monthly auto-installments. The equal monthly installment amount will depend upon the number of months available before the course end date.
- Payment Option #5: PayPal Credit (6-month, interest free financing. No down payment required.)
- 12 week, 8 module, intensive online-only professional training course (Not instructor led, but instructor assisted. Six support webinars are included. You can work to a small degree at your own pace, but there is a firm training start date and final coursework submission deadline for each training that will need strictly observed in order to be successfully certified. You should allow 10 to 15 hours per week to complete each module.)
- 90+ seat hours of training (CEUs offered)
JOIN US ON A LIVE GAPS TRAINING INFORMATIONAL WEBINAR on Wednesday, June 21st, 2023, at 12:30 p.m. USA Pacific Time (please adjust the start time to your own time zone). Click here to register for the info webinar. You may also want to visit our FAQ page for more information.
GAPS Practitioner Training – Registration Application Request Form
As stated at the top of this page in bold/red text, the form below helps us determine if you are qualified to enter the Certified GAPS Practitioner training course. This form is not an official enrollment application. Once your information has been reviewed and Dr. Natasha has determined that you are qualified, an official enrollment application will be sent to you via e-mail.