Certified GAPS™ Coach (CGC) Training
15-WEEK, ONLINE-ONLY FORMAT
by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR OUR BRAND NEW, PARAPROFESSIONAL GAPS TRAINING!
ATTENTION! THE FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE IS NOT THE OFFICIAL GAPS COACH REGISTRATION APPLICATION. You will receive the official ELECTRONIC application in your e-mail inbox once you complete the required fields in the form below.
- ENROLLMENT OPENS – Wednesday, October 16th, 2019
- ENROLLMENT CLOSES – Monday, April 6th, 2020
- NEXT TRAINING BEGINS – Friday, April 10th, 2020
JOIN US ON A LIVE GAPS TRAINING INFO SESSION WEBINAR on Tuesday, February 11th at 12:30 PM USA Pacific Time (adjust the start time to your own time zone please). Click HERE to register for an info session.
Eligibility: Who is qualified to take the Certified GAPS™ Coach Training?
- The Certified GAPS™ Coach (CGC) Training is open to individuals who are familiar with and have had personal experience and success with the GAPS Diet, who are now seeking a certification to help others learn and implement the GAPS Nutritional Protocol, in addition to professionals without formal nutrition training, such as massage therapists, pharmacists, social workers, personal trainers, health coaches, teachers, etc., etc.
- Extensive training in nutrition, bio-chemistry, and anatomy and physiology is a requirement to enroll in the GAPS™ Practitioner Training, but not for the GAPS™ Coach Training. Again, our Coach Training is open to GAPS Diet “veterans” seeking new careers as GAPS Coaches and to paraprofessionals working in a non-clinical setting, or in a clinical setting with no previous nutrition training (minimal nutrition training) who want to integrate GAPS coaching into services offered to their clients/patients.
- The purpose of this training is to produce qualified GAPS Coaches who will be able to provide the every-day, practical, hands-on GAPS support in a non-clinical setting – preferably in the homes of clients – to help individuals and/or groups prepare for and navigate the GAPS Nutritional Protocol. Kitchen pantry sweeps, grocery store and market tours, stocking with necessary staples and supplies, guiding clients to local resources, sharing cooking techniques, removing toxic hygiene and chemicals from the home, etc. will be the sole focus of GAPS Coaches.
- Certified GAPS Coaches (CGCs) will be encouraged to work with Certified GAPS Practitioner (CGPs) to create the ideal GAPS support team. GAPS Coaches can potentially run GAPS Groups for GAPS Practitioners and partner with them in a myriad of other ways.
- CGC students will receive general business and scope of practice guidance as part of their training, as well as access to branding materials to promote themselves as GAPS Coaches. Our coaches will be permitted to use official GAPS branding in their coaching advertisements and materials.
- Upon completion of the training, Certified GAPS Coaches will be authorized to use the CGC credential (as long as they keep their GAPS certification in good standing), and they will have the option to be published on Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride’s “Find A GAPS Coach” web page on www.GAPS.me.
- If you DO HAVE a background in nutritional consulting, bio-chemistry, and anatomy/physiology where you hold a certification or degree in nutrition or any other medical or holistic certification or degree, AND you are already in an active, clinical practice, you may meet the practitioner level qualifications outlined on the Certified GAPS Practitioner Training web page, which is open Chiropractors, Clinical Nutritionists, Certified Nutritional Therapy Consultants and Practitioners, Naturopathic Doctors, Osteopathic Doctors, Medical Doctors, Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers, and Occupational Therapists with additional nutrition training, and all other medical and qualified holistic professionals who have extensive training in nutrition, bio-chemistry, and anatomy and physiology. GAPS Practitioners are greatly needed, so please do inquire should you be overqualified to enroll in the GAPS Coach Training.
The Certified GAPS Coach™ Training course will cover:
- The GAPS Diet in Depth/The GAPS Diet Spectrum
- Kitchen Prep & Cooking Techniques for the GAPS Diet
- Introduction Diet – Stages 1 & 2/Extended Stage 2
- Introduction Diet – Stage 3
- Introduction Diet – Stage 4
- Introduction Diet – Stages 5 & 6 – The “Dance”
- The Full GAPS Diet & Dairy Introduction Protocol Review
- Coming off GAPS/Ketogenic GAPS/No Plant & More Plant GAPS
- Fussy Eating/Mealtime Management
- Practical Issues
- Cardiovascular Issues
- Business Development/GAPS Coach Scope of Practice & Legal Boundaries
Coach Training Coursework will include:
- Required Reading: Gut and Psychology Syndrome, Put Your Heart in Your Mouth, Vegetarianism Explained, GAPS Stories, Cooking Techniques for the Gut and Psychology Syndrome Diet (Parts 1 through 4), GAPS: Stage-by-Stage with Recipes, Probiotic Foods vs. Commercial Probiotics, Fussy Eating/Mealtime Management Student Guide, My Daily Insights: A GAPS Journal, Articles, Case Studies, and Resources, written by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, Chef Monica Corrado, CGP, Dr. Becky Plotner, Linda Paterson, CGP, and Amy Mihaly, CGP, FNP. Get a head start with your required reading by ordering your GAPS Coach Training Book Kit ($175 including USA shipping fees. For international orders, please do NOT order your book kit online. Instead, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an international shipping quote and to place your international order).
- Audio/video lectures by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, Dr. Becky Plotner, Chef Monica Corrado, & Linda Paterson, CGP
- Module Elements: Quizzes, Essays, Practical Application Exercises, Cooking Assignments, Consultation Exercises, and more!
- Scheduled Live Webinars with Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, Dr. Becky Plotner, Chef Monica Corrado, Linda Paterson, CGP, Caroline Barringer, CGP, and Marcie Larsen, CGP
- Practice Development: Free 30-day trial on The Practitioner Platform – an exclusive GAPS Graduate Edition and a place to build and run your GAPS business, sell your GAPS products and services, and get business support from Sally Crewe, CGP – an experienced online GAPS graduate.
Coach Training Tuition & Time Investment Details:
Enroll NOW and SAVE with our Early Bird Tuition Discount: $225 discount goes to the first 15 students who enroll for our April 2020 Certified GAPS Coach training course. (Tuition after early bird discount will be $2225.00.)
- $2,450 Payment installments are available and an initial deposit is required to hold your training space. Tuition must be paid in full before the start of the training course.
- Payment Option #1: Payment in full at time of enrollment.
- Payment Option #2: 50% at time of enrollment and the remaining 50% due on the Monday before your training starts.
- Payment Option #3: Monthly auto-installments. Installment amount depends on the number of months available before the next training begins. Payments will be divided equally during those months.
- Payment Option #4: PayPal Credit (6-month, interest free financing. No down payment required.)
- 15 week, 12 module, online-only paraprofessional training course (Not instructor led, but instructor assisted. Eight support webinars are included. You can work to a small degree at your own pace, but there is a firm training start date and final coursework submission deadline that will need to be strictly observed to be certified. You should allow 10 to 15 hours per week to complete each module.)
- 140+ seat hours of training (CEUs offered)
Questions? JOIN US ON A LIVE GAPS TRAINING INFO SESSION WEBINAR on Tuesday, February 11th at 12:30 PM USA Pacific Time (adjust the start time to your own time zone please). Click HERE to register for an info session. You may also want to visit our FAQ page for more information.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE REQUIRED FIELDS IN THE FORM BELOW TO REQUEST A GAPS COACH TRAINING REGISTRATION FORM. You will receive an ELECTRONIC application in your e-mail inbox.